And what a guest to start off with… Brandy Walker is this amazing blogger that I initially discovered via her guest post on Tanya Geisler’s Thing Finding Thursday blog series. Brandy’s post was so heartfelt that I couldn’t help wanting to learn more about her; once I visited her website, I felt absolutely compelled to contact her because she felt like a kindred spirit.
Some technical notes about this podcast (feel free to skip down to the links if you aren’t interested in “behind-the-scenes” chit-chat):
- I recorded the interview using a service called iPadio. I haven’t decided how I feel about the quality of these recordings. On the one hand, it’s easy to use–it’s basically just a three-way conference call–and I love that. On the other hand, there was some excess whistling noises that I couldn’t completely clean up in Audacity (probably because I’m still learning the software).
- I attempted to include the intro in the original conversation with Brandy but I’ve decided I won’t do that again because it felt so awkward. It sounded awkward as well, so I still ended up having to record a new intro later which means I didn’t save time or effort either.
- My initial idea about guest episodes was that I wanted to have natural conversations rather than “interviews.” I think I’ve changed my mind about that because I felt like I was trying so hard throughout my conversation with Brandy to lead the conversation in a way that it may not have gone naturally… and that kind of goes against the point of having a guest to me.
Websites mentioned in this episode:
- Brandy’s blog: BrandyGlows.com
- Brooklyn Corey’s birth story
- Thing Finding Thursday with Brandy Glows
- 7 Steps to Restoring Shalom by Brandy Walker
- Check out Brandy’s newest book/expanded manifesto: The Co-Conniver’s Guide to Saving the World.
- Find Brandy on Facebook, Twitter, and G+
- Find me on Twitter and G+
I’d love to hear your feedback on this episode and the podcast in general, so please feel free to leave a comment. Also, if you want to make sure you never miss an episode, sign up for the feed!
’til next time,